Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Renovation Marathon

Alright!

so you've read the first post, you know what I WANT it to be, but what about how I GET it to look that way...

Over the course of the next few months, I will post as many renovation updates and pict
ures as possible... and somewhere, in there, I will try to post some food photos too!

Where: Midland, ON
Building: 248 King street, and Old Bank and once General Store (I know, that's soooo cool!)
What: A Locally Focused Food
Shop, Take-Home Meals, Catering, and hopefully, in due time, Culinary Learning Studio

We got our keys on Dec 31st and have since started gutting, and tearing apart this space to get it just right! We have removed the Carpets, Tiles and 5-8 plywood.... We discovered ORIGINAL hardwood and for the most part, it's beautiful! A couple of patches here and there. Luckily, my father-in-law is a contractor and knows what he's doing!

We have removed the suspended ceiling and extra wiring and discovered original tin....again, amazing! Thank goodness for my beautiful wife and her ability to let me dream! At this point, she has stayed back in Ottawa, waiting for an opportunity to join me. I know, crazy....

I'll keep this short, but lots of pics!

(FYI - they guy in the photos, not me, my little brother, ain't he cute!?)

AS

6 comments:

  1. André!!! We are so very proud of you!!!! You and Annick will have a lifetime of fun and happiness with Ciboulette et Cie! Great job! So very happy for you both! Love Cindy and Zsolt! XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome to see the blog up and running. I was going to message you about whether or not you were going to do one. When can I come up to see the place?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Andre!!!! This is amazing. Your doing a great job and one day we will have to come and dine with you and your family! It makes me happy to see you living your dream buddeh! Congrats to you and yes Franky is quite the ladies man! Cant wait to see the final product! Proud of ya mister!
    Candice Chandler

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Andre: So nice to hear you are doing great things. I wish you the best in your future. As Algonquin College we would love you to send us an update, as we love to share our success stories of graduate students.
    All the best Chef Cindy Toffanello

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!!!!!!!!!!!
    keep posting! <3!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey folks!

    thanks for the kind words!

    Keep logged on over the next few days, have lots to share!

    ReplyDelete