Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Opening Day!?

Hello et Bonjour!

C'est Officiel! Notre date d'ouverture est le 23 avril 2010, à 9h00! Soyez-y et soyez-y en grand nombre!

It's official! Our Opening day is April 23rd, 2010 at 9am! Be there or be square!

Not much to say for this entry, just that things are humming along... in fact, Jennifer (Our new kitchen assist) and I, are headed to the GTA tomorrow for a quick food show, stop at MacEwan foods for inspiration and a few others suggested to Annique and I during a WONDERFUL dinner the other night!!!

It was ever so scrumptious!

We were invited to come for dinner and wine and were in for quite the treat! Sitting down to 6 beautiful canadian cheeses, croustades, dried fruit, my favourite way to start-end-continue a meal!:)

Then on to a beautiful butternut squash soup with a touch of coconut and a hint of saffron. I may just have to use that SD! Main course you say... well... after a beautiful Rioja, choosen just for me and my ancestors (Spain) we were treated to a glass of Conundrum (fantastic flavour, a touch sweet but beautiful with our main) and the PERFECTLY cooked Lobster Risotto with Asparagus (still crisp!) and cremini... was devine!!!

and dessert you may all ask.... well.. at this point, we were all very full, but HAD to have SD's world famous, Maple Mousse made with local Maple Syrup and a perfect maple short bread cookie :)

SD outdid herself! Note: I am not a dessert person... i loved it!

We left with a full stomach, head full of ideas and the brain bursting with shops to visit!

Oh! and a lovely surprise!!!!! We now are the proud owners of a Hobart Mixer! Yes folks! the team is almost complete! :)

I'm still looking for staffing in the store though! Send in those resumes!

Ok I'm cutting it short, need my rest and have to make sure the dishwasher is working properly before I go home.

Have a great week folks!

AS

No comments:

Post a Comment