Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Wowzers Batman!

Bonjour les ami(e)s!

Well I haven't written in a while, but it's not because I haven't been busy! holy wowzers!

Let's make a list, as I have been making quite a few of those lately!

- Floors
- Lighting
- Equipment
- bathrooms
- Studio Layout (yes, I've figured out how we're going to make this work!)
- Kitchen Floors
- Plumbing
- Electrical
- Gas line! (almost.... there was an oops there let me tell you, but no worries, it's been fixed.. )
- T-shirts
- Paint
- Some Art
- Wall Tiles
- Walk-ins

All those items are DONE! yes M. et Mme, fini! I am just waiting on out 8 foot bakers table and a few stainless tables and we're good to go! Well.. almost.

We're getting closer to a firm opening date, I hope you're all excited! Won't be long now and we're going to purchase our first whole pig, duck breasts, cheeses, veggies and go to town! I'm so excited to put out our first pancetta or duck prosciutto.. or maybe a Caper and Green tomato relish! What about a house italian mustard fruit to serve with a DELICIOUS CHEESE!!!

hehehe

Deli cases have come in and they are perfect! Now if only I could get my cupboards and such...

ok, the purpose of this post was to make a few mentions... Along the way we have been coaxed along by quite a few locals as we try to spread our funds through the community during this building overhaul and business startup. Everyone we have had the chance of working with has been fantastic! Most have been more then willing to lend a helping hand whenever possible. Ok, now, as I make this list, I am bound to forget SOMEONE... please don't be insulted, and as some of you get to know me better, you will understand why I like when Annique is around... she reminds me of stuff..

Louis Maheu (www.lm-construction.com) Our go to guy, my FIL (Father in Law). He has been more then willing to help in anyway giving all his time. Merci!

Tripp's Paint and Decorating Shoppe- Wow... that is all I have to say. Jaime and his team have been going out of there way from day 1 to help. The amount of times they have carted over cans of paint for me, lighting, spray painted stems that are on back order to get them the right colour, offering up help, and promising to come for lunch. I have to say, I think they will be a hungry bunch! If you are in Midland and you need any lighting or paint solutions, visit Tripp's.

Karma Marketplace - Erin and Marc are great! This is a little shop in Penetanguishene where they carry nothing but locally sourced fooods!! It's amazing! They are also looking to setup a delivery and pickup service for different farms and chefs in the area! I have to say that they are both really go getters and are willign to do anything to make things work! Oh, penetang farmers market and community garden are also their doing!

Homecoming (www.homecomingstores.com) Trevor and Barb are wonderful! Trevor has been ever so happy to see me come into the community and has gone ahead and ordered me ceramic dishes, AND resealable glass dishes to sell multiple orders in! this way, less waste!!!! Yay!

Serendipitea - What to say about Dawn! She makes WONderful Scones and of course, the best buttertarts! She has been there to feed us coffee every day, what more could you ask for!?

Ok that's all I can spit out for now.... and no, no photos this time around... sorry folks! Want to keep some of it a secret, but also, we forgot the card for our camera in Ottawa....

HAve a Hoppy Easter All! enjoy that HAm! and hope that I don't catch that bunny, cause we'll be having him for dinner next week!

1 comment:

  1. uh oh... i guess qu'y va falloir que je mette le nouveau site à mon père live bientôt si tu commence à poster son url! haha.

    ReplyDelete