Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Creation of a Destination Food Shop!

Hello to all!

You find yourself here probably for the same reasons I did; curiosity.

Some 5 years ago, I decided that working at a desk was not for me and that I needed to pursue my dreams of being a Chef. Working in the world of Communications and consulting was just not going to be enough to keep me stimulated. Before I knew it, I was immersed in a world or scrumptious foods coming from all corners of our Region (Ottawa at the time) and couldn't get enough of it all. After meeting my mentor, Bruce Wood (Check him out on Salt Spring Island, Bruce's Kitchen) I was inspired to cook with as much local and sustainable food as possible. It was love! With the ingredients, not Bruce ;)

Since then I have in my circle of friends, people who raise geese, make cheese, grow and forage mushrooms and make artisanal breads among other things.

I felt however, that these people needed to have their products and the love for their products better represented. The further along I went, the more I felt that these people, our producers, farmers, foragers and bakers, needed a medium of their own. And so, Ciboulette et Cie was formed. As the name implies, we are a partnership. We have started this shop and catering company in order to create an exposé of sorts. A place where we can showcase local products and their producers. Now don't get me wrong, I love the avocado and from time to time a lemon will find it's way into our cooking. But for the most part...

In order to continue this journey, I find myself knee deep in old wood, tin ceilings, work boots, jack hammers, etc etc etc... A dream come true to be honest.

This blog is to help chronicle the new beginnings of our food shop.

Alright. For my first entry this is a fairly long one, so I will cut it short here. Stay tuned for posting of Several photos of the renovation.

Cheers and bon appetit!

AS


5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the photos, and taste the food!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do I get a free cookie for the first comment on the blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course! Why not a Main Course! :)

    And don't worry, you'll see the food, through your lens :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If Remi gets a cookie, I want some of your hummous!
    Looks like things are really coming along! Dan and I can't wait to come and see it for ourselves. You are making us all very proud. And don't worry, we'll take good care of Annique (and JL) while you are apart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha thanks laura! you can have as much Hummus as you can handle!

    ReplyDelete