Sunday, February 28, 2010

A long, but VERY productive week

Fewf!

I'm back! Sent an e-mail to the 2 Ladies down at the Pastry Shop down the way (www.sweetandsavoury.ca) today to see if we can meet up and chat. I want to see what kind of arrangements and relationships we can develop. Which btw, GREAT shop! Space is beautiful, and the food is exquisite! In fact, the ladies don't know it, but they made a slab cake for our guests at our wedding, and it was FANtastic! Some of the best cake I've ever had!

All that to say that they mentioned that I hadn't written since the 19th....so I thought I would get to it... considering I've been getting to it every day for the last little while...

Since we last left off, we were lucky enough to have ourselves a little help! Thank goodness!

Last weekend we had my Dad, Uncle, Wife, Brother, Brother In-Law (www.salamedia.ca - yay for the Graphic Designer in the family!), and FIL and I! Holy! Did things ever move and groove!

First, drywall continued and is pretty much done until the inspector comes in to check out all the electrical I've been doing...... insane...



Secondly, and probably one of the biggest things, sanding..... We bit the bullet, rented the equipment and sanded.... when we weren't running down the stretch of the Space with the sander, we were on all fours spot sanding... thanks so much to my little brother and my wife...




Then of course... with all that extra help.... my office has come to life! Studded and ready for an inspector to see the plugs. :)




You now know why I haven't had 2minutes to write an entry. It's been go go go....

Now that things are moving ahead, I will be heading out to meet some farmers and producers shortly! Have to line everyone up so that we can make some food after all this work. I'm getting really excited to get our hands on a beautiful whole pig and work our way through it day by day, making new and exciting meals with everything... including our own pancetta and bacon....

Oh! I also met with the Curtis Refrigeration guys! yay! Its all ordered and ready to come in! Will be a few weeks, but things are finally coming together. It's always a nice feeling to see things being built. I told FIL the other day... It's almost real.... :)

A guy was in to get all the sprinklers together and legal today and friday... all done. Ceiling should be painted out this week as well (another job we passed along to someone else) and then we can do the walls shortly there after...

Ok I'm going to leave it at that.... Hopefully all approvals come through early this week with the City and we can move forward. As soon as I finally get the electrical all in order we'll have an inspector in for the rough in inspection and then we close walls up.. wow.. it never ends!



Can't wait to meet with Sweet and Savoury Tomorrow!

À Bientôt!

AS

4 comments:

  1. Lucky chef!
    I hear you're having extra help again this weekend. Enjoy it because I don't think they'll be showing up later on to do the dishes. Things are looking good. Keep up the good work! You'll have your dream come true sooner than you think. Love, Matante D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo Hooo! Félicitations/Congrats little brother!!! I think of you often and wonder how your ongoing project is doing! Need help painting? Decorating? Tell me when I'll see what I can do!! Love ya lots!! Nan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well well you have been busy. By the rate of progress I've just witnessed, everything should be up and running by the time I return to Canada in May. Congratulations on a great job so far!! Will

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed, a very busy and yet very productive week. Keep on doing it. Congratulations

    ReplyDelete