Saturday, March 20, 2010

Hoodvents and fridges and Tiles, Oh My!

Bonjour les amis!

Well after a long hiatus from logging in the new and the old on blogspot, I have returned with much news, and many secrets....

Well the project is coming along fine, as you may have all guessed.

Le moins souvent que j'écris, le plus de travail que je fais à la longue... Je me trouve ici, tard un soir, apres avoir fini 150 pieds de tuiles... yup! bien, FIL les a monter sur le mur, moi j'ai eu la bonne jobe de grout....coute laisse moi te dire qu'il y en a de la tuile icitte.. en effet....150x3x6 plus ou moins, 2700 tuiles.... Wowzers!

The Walk-ins were delivered and installed this week, the hoodvent is actually in its place and is only missing duct work outside, half walls above walk-ins are almost done, tile is done, FIL had two old, but beautiful sinks in his shop, which will serve marvelously in ouir restrooms!

We also found some hardware for the office doors, amazing!

umm.. what else...

andré, you ask, what do you mean secrets? Well the hard part about today's entry is that I have a few pics, but very little... seeing as we are getting closer to opening and things are actually coming together, it would ruin the surprise if I were to show you all the space ahead of time... so I have decided that as of Monday, no more walk0in visits and no more pics of the space... I know... it'S going to be tough... :)

in other news, kitchen floors are being put in this week by my wifes cousin Alain! yay!

Oh and how could I forget! I have gone ahead and offered a position to someone to assist me in the kitchen! I'm pretty excited about getting her started and sharing in the creation of all of our foodstuffs. :) Should be good!

La il me faut une autre personne a temps plein pour travailler le magasin, mais il ou elle doivent être bilingue.. s'cuse!

Oh more sharing: I met with Erin Chapelle from Karma Marketplace in Penetanguishene! Her and her partner Marc have opened a shop where they sell nothing but local foodstuffs! isn'T that GREAT! She is also hoping to start a delivery system of these types of foods for local restaurants! guess who's the guinea pig!? :) Gladly! They have also started the market in Penetang, a community garden, etc etc... what busy bodies! I can't wait to meet Marc as Erin was fantastic.

On that note, I am meeting with Peter Belanger of Bélanger Organic Farms (http://belangerorganicfarms.net/) this coming Tuesday! I'm very excited about this as he is our first real contact with a farmer in the area. Check out the website as they have a full line of foods.

Reminds me a lot of Stuart (www.brysonfarms.com), a good friend of mine and farming mentor when we had our Epicuria Garden last 2 years.

Ok, this is has been all over the board and haven't really said much. Here are a few pics!

Ciao!





1 comment:

  1. coucou André! clicky clicky pour un trophé:
    http://sheeatsbears.blogspot.com/2010/03/kreativ-award-yippee.html

    ReplyDelete