Tuesday, March 9, 2010

37 days, 370 hours, lots money later...

As mentioned last time.. we had so much help over the last week it was great! In fact, I was even able to get away to the CRFA Tradeshow in Toronto. :) Wasn't blown away by anything, but was able to reconfirm that I'm still in the know about eco products and availabilities...

This past week:

GFS Foodservice provider is supposed to touchbase.

Fire Inspector has approved hoodvent as is.

Town has issued Building Permit.

Looks as though I need to wait 6 more weeks to find out if the City is going to allow me to erect an awning... hmm.. yes.. that does sound as ridiculous as you think.... I'm willing to put up a fight... I don't care what I have to do or what it costs me, I am getting this awning!

Ordered Lighting or awning. After looking for 4 weeks for Gooseneck Barn Lighting , I find out the electrical company I've been dealing with all this time has them... bah... done!

All walls are PAINTED!!!! I will have some pics tomorrow hopefully!

Ceiling is painted!

Walkins arrive March 18th.

I found at that someone up the street is opening up a similar concept in the coming months.... ya.. need to get those horses going and open first. Trying to touch base with them though. Competition is a good thing. Keeps everyone honest and products at 125% in quality

I had a baby today... ok well.. not a baby, BUT I did get the rest of our Sexy Mac Equipment. Yes people, you will learn, Sexy is one of my favourite words... I think all food is sexy in some way.... I dare you to try to give me something that I can't describe or find sexy in some way.... And it's nothing obscene.. it just is... :)








Here they are! The reason I say baby is the cover... I opened it up and it was like a diaper.... BUT, Val, with a GOOD surprise in it :)

I've decided on a style for our shelving and will begin building shortly.

I am taking the weekend to spend it with my lovely wife in Montreal! And don't tell her, but I will take advantage of my time there and probably check out some shops... hehe inspiration...

My uncle left behind 2 bottles of home made wine... and it's good! Merci Mononcle!

Lighting went up this weekend thanks to my cousin! Yay! No bulbs or fixtures in there yet, but after my electrical inspection!

Electrical inspection on Friday! Which means I can close up those walls and finally move forward!

ok I'm leaving it at that... quite the list... lots has gone down... but there is so much more to come! I'll try to take pictures of the space tomorrow in the day light.

Also, I've added the Followers Widget to the site.... I'm not sure, but I think if you sign up you may get updates.... Merci Marysol!

A bientot les amis!

AS



7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've had a VERY productive few weeks! The place is really coming together. Can't wait to visit someday!

    and p.s. WAY TO GO on the sexy mac!!! I support that decision fully (as I type from my macbook). Yes, computers *can* be sexy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really interesting to see all of this happening practically right down the street.

    Good show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bises à Miss A et toi! Profite de Montréal, et reviens en force!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gwrrrk - Who are you? :) IOts always nice to know ones neighbours

    ReplyDelete
  5. My name is Spencer!
    Just a person in the neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spencer, as things move along we should be open by end of April. I'm looking forward to meeting you

    ReplyDelete